Saturday, February 23, 2013

Rainbow Salad


I'm constantly looking for new ideas that will help my family enjoy a primarily vegetable-based diet. Colorful vegetables are the best for your health. Pick a few of your favorite colorful veggies and combine them to create a salad that will burst into flavor and color!

I've used the following vegetables for this Rainbow salad:

  • cucumbers
  • celery
  • red cabbage
  • tomatoes
  • carrots
  • bell pepper
  • parsley
  • sesame seeds
  • mixed greens
  • your favorite dressing

Combine the chopped veggies. Serve with your favorite dressing. I made my dressing with some lemon juice with a bit of olive oil and red wine vinegar. I added a bit of dry oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to the dressing. It's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment