Sunday, May 1, 2016

Four Bean Chili


After having a child and continuing with a challenging job, I realized that my past cooking habits were unsustainable in my new reality. My cooking motto is now "Fast, easy, healthy... or I'm not making it!"And if it takes me more than 15 minutes to post it on the blog, I'm not messing with it. 

This is a fast, easy, and healthy recipe of a Four Bean Chili. It's super flavorful and will last my family for a few days. Plus it's packed with protein and fiber. 

Serves: a little army

Chili 


  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 4 tsp chili powder
  • 4 tsp ground cumin
  • 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • salt to taste (about 1 tsp worked for me)
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
  • 2 cans black beans, drained
  • 2 cans red beans, drained
  • 2 cans pinto beans, drained
  • 2 cans cannelini beans, drained

Garnish


  • Sour cream
  • Cilantro
  • Cheddar cheese


1. In a large pot heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium. Add onions and red and green bell peppers. Sautee for 5-7 minutes or until peppers are softened and onions become translucent. Add garlic powder, chili powder, ground cumin, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Stir well. 

2. Add vegetable broth, tomatoes, and beans. Bring the chili to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes allowing flavors to combine. Serve garnished with sour cream, cilantro, and cheddar cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment