Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Greek Salad


This is a simple and fast recipe for a healthy evening salad. I can eat it a few times a week because it is delicious and never gets old. This will serve 2 people. My husband loves this dressing. He could probably drink it if I weren't looking ;)

Ingredients

  • 1/2 head of green lettuce, torn in smaller pieces
  • 1 cucumber, sliced
  • 1 tomato, seeded and drained
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1/4 red onion, chopped
  • 1/4 standard can of olives, pitted, whole
  • 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled or cut in small pieces


Dressing:

  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • juice from 1 lemon
  • 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp dill
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • salt to taste

Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Prepare two large plates. Divide the ingredients in half and organize them on a plate starting with lettuce and cucumbers. Then add tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, onions. Crumble feta cheese over the salad. You're done! I don't usually combine my salads with the dressing- I serve it on the side. 

If you're cooking for a few people, I suggest you combine the ingredients in a bowl and add the dressing. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment